11.9.06

My own goofs

As a teacher it is very difficult when something stupid happens. I mean, how are you supposed to react? do students realize how sometimes we wish we could disappear?
For example, the first time I taught English I was with another students who now also is a good friend. Anyhow, we were very very nervous. The plan was very easy... I had to say: we are going to split the class in two groups. And then say, the first stays with me the other goes with...and the name of my friend. Her name is Von Guten. And I said...
And so, the second group can go with Miss Van den Guten...The kids didn't know her name so it was ok but afterwards we talked about it and she asks:
Was it a joke when you said my name wrong?
Wrong?
Yeah, you said, Van den Guten... [and she laughs (Thank God)]
And I... SORRY!!!!!!! Blushy 2

I mean, can you imagine how stressed out I was when I said that? hahahah! My oh my!

2 comments:

Pat-rick said...

haha! I can imagine your face in the moment you got said that you said the name wrong! :-P

justmeandmyworld said...

haha that's just so YOU!! :P