2.6.08

Sing a song...


"The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my victory. He is my God, and I will praise him; he is my father's God, and I will exalt him!"
Ex.15:2

The Lord is our song. Born from deep within, when His love touches our soul like the wind in a hot summer day. By surprise. Refreshing like a wave. Burning like a fire. We close our eyes and enter his Holy Temple. Nothing stands between us and Him.

Sometimes, we are so busy with our own life, with the ups and downs, that we tend to forget that Jesus is right there. All the time. We run, we hide, we seek, we fight, we freak out, we lose control, we give up, we are impatient, we let other people influence our state of mind. One second the sun shines on us and we thank the Lord for His kindness. The next one, someone doesn't react the way we wanted, and here we go again jumping in our emotional elevator. We hold on to people to feel good about ourselves. And yet, He has overcome all the bad and has made us free from the world, from our emotions.
The Lord is our victory!

There is this beautiful scene in the movie "City of Angels", all the angels are on the beach, and as the sun rises, they hear God singing. We might not be angels (far from that), but is there something more incredible than feeling God near you? His touch on your heart, filling you with hope and joy…

So, instead of going on yet another trip on the emotional elevator, what about standing still, right now, right here, and listening to His voice? Faith is more than a feeling. Our faith shouldn't depend on the happy or sad events of the day. In Jesus, we always have a reason to sing.

There is so much to be thankful for, so many reasons to sing His praises! I want to remember the good things the Lord has done for me, even though I don’t deserve it.

I was so worried about finding someone to take over my flat, about money, about my final paper, about my final teaching…
And the Lord provided answers and solutions to all of those problems, in His own timing.

Isn’t all this incredible? The Lord is spoiling me so much, I feel SO blessed. And yet, there is something that is making me worry, … and all the good is forgotten, I panic, I want to know now the answers to all of my questions… that is so wrong… I need to TRUST!
I am glad the Lord gave me this Bible Verse. It makes me calm down, trust in His timing and focus only on Him, my Strength, my Saviour, my Victory.

Jesus is my Song!

No comments: