16.2.08

I had just posted my note on facebook when a terrible sound made me jump on my chair. Oh my gosh, what was going on? I wrote to the friend I was chatting with, that the alarm had gone on and that I was going to check downstairs that everything was still ok.
While going down the stairs I pictured a man breaking in and was really scared. The sound wouldn’t stop anymore and it got louder. Finally I am in the kitchen and see that there is a FIRE! Yes! I had forgotten the water-boiler… and it was burning!!! I jumped to the sink, took a towel and started slapping the thing with all my strength… in a second it was over and so was the monstrous sound. I ran to the phone to call Anne or Bobby, I was shacking like crazy… I hadn’t even dialed that the alarm went on again. Oh my, I am in my pajamas, and if it’s like in the movies (don’t laugh, so far, everything here is like in the movies), the firemen are going to come and I don’t know what to do or say!!! Finally Anne calls me back and the alarm stops. I tell her what happened and I am sure she is going to kick me out or something… Nope, she is on her way, and I don’t have to worry…
I start cleaning the mess, the boiler doesn’t look good at all, finally Anne, Bobby, Anne’s sister and her friend come into the house. And Bobby and Anne were so so so nice about it. They asked me how I was and didn’t even care about the mess.
I am so glad it was “only” fire and not a burglar or something… gosh!

Anne and I went to the coke museum a few days later and had a really good time. You can see it on the album II and III (I think). It is so nice and the people working there are just hilarious… at the end of the tour we tried like 34 sorts of coke and I tell ya, there was a party going on in my stomach! There was a kid who had tried the worst drink of all and I had seen his face turn green as he spat the rest into the bin. Well, he later was walking around handing on cups full with the drink to his friends telling them how good it was…
That evening we ate at Steak and Shake and I tried a Cookie Dough Shake: amazing! We later went to a Dollar shop and I bought some stuff there.

I pretty much worked on the Valentine’s Party for the rest of the week and hang out with Lauren and Christy which was fun. We tried prom dresses on, rain boots, ate pizza and took half a million pictures. It was really great!

I have just come back from a crazy photo-shoot with Kendall, Christy, Ashley, Joseph and Lauren… I’ll post them in a second… I still have to write about FLORIDA.
My gosh, I cannot believe I got to go there too! We left at 7 o’clock in the morning and drove for 9 hours. Ashley’s mom picked us up and while Bobby and Anne left for Officer’s counsel, we drove to Tampa. The weather was just perfect, warm, sunny, breezy… I bought flip-flops and walked around with a smile on my face =) The highlight was driving to St. Petersburg where we (Christy and I) spent a few hours at the B E A C H… It is one of the best afternoons ever and I will never forget those moments. I felt so happy and took so many pictures… The water was warm; the sand was so soft, it tickled my toes as I walked around and looked for seashells. Birds were flying around, people walked hand in hand and some fishers were throwing their net to catch more fishes (they already had 3 buckets full). I tell you, that was just pure happiness!

Ok, Ashley and Christy are back and I am going to stop writing…
I am leaving in 3 days and I know already it’s going to be very hard. I have met a lot of wonderful people, some have become friends, some have just passed my way… but they all belong to this great experience. I shan’t forget them!

On Thursday I am going to leave for Chicago, then Zurich, then Rome, where I’ll stay for 2 days. The trip is going to last forever… I leave on the 14th and arrive on the 15th, this is sick ;) On Sunday I leave for Bern again and Monday: Youhou, I start my last semester! 4 months of pain and then, never again!

I have no clue (but some wishes) where I am going to be after that, but I know for sure, that the Lord knows and He is forming me and preparing me for His plan! I am ready to go and look forward to all the things that are going to happen.

That was it! My American Experience! So thanks for reading, take care and feel free to comment ;)

No comments: