11.3.07

Choices...


In the past weeks I have often thoughts about the challenges that we encounter. Day after day we are brought, forced, urged to make decisions, act, react. Sitting in the boat of life, quietly floating around and about, I let my self go, all strength has left me. I look at the sky tainted from red to purple; the blackbird is my only companion on this new journey. I could let the boat guide me. Should I? Isn’t it all about taking up the challenge? Facing the day with strength and courage, knowing it is a gift from God? Every movement is preceded by decisions. Choices. I can choose to let the boat control me, I can control the boat or I can trust the route has been prepared for me long before I started the journey. Choices.

I can choose to live my way,
I too have something to say
I can choose to try it all
Ignore the call
I can choose to go with the flow
But how should I grow?
I can choose to love
For I was first loved by the above
I can choose to be patient
Look at the other, tolerant
I can choose to forget all the pain
For peace to gain
I can choose to forgive
the hurt in the past I leave
I can look at you with respect
The same look I expect
I can choose to capitulate
And it is never too late
I can choose to be formed like clay
So now, what will I say?
****
I do. I do want to make this choice. I choose to live. I choose to stand here and love You. I choose to be me, but surrender to You. I choose to be filled with life coming from a source that never runs dry. I choose so, because you gave me the choice.
I am ready to take up the challenge. Forget my own pride. Let me stand still for a moment, let me breathe, let me find the strength. I choose to make it right. I choose the right way, humbled by Him.
****
Peace is a choice. Respect is a choice. Love is a choice. Trust is a choice. Life is a choice. Forgiveness is a choice. Salvation is a choice.

1 comment:

Pat-rick said...

Peace is a choice. Respect is a choice. Love is a choice. Trust is a choice. Life is a choice. Forgiveness is a choice. Salvation is a choice.

I like this part really a lot!